Women in the Business Arena™ EP 60: How Do We Succeed in Aligning Our Tactics with Who We Are?
“There’s an incongruence between what we say we want and what we put our money behind”
In this week’s episode, we’re asking a question that we don’t really know the answer to, but is a conversation that we need to be having in the business arena. How can we run a successful business if we’re not aligning our tactics with who we are as women? This incongruence can cause us to feel stuck, and keeps us from creating the business and the life we really want.
“We need more women who are really successful in their businesses and stand out in authentic ways”
Let’s face it, we are still living in a world that is dominated with a masculine lens. The popular tactics in business are still the masculine ones, focused on getting rich quick, aggressive marketing tactics and manipulation. This can leave a lot of women feeling misaligned and incongruent with their business. Even women who hate the tactics still end up doing them. Partly, because they don’t know an alternative, and partly because they are seduced by the promise of results. The trouble is that I find women who are misaligned with their tactics, never achieve their results.
“We can’t continue to be operating our businesses in ways that are misaligned with who we are because we hurt our brand and our integrity. That not only affects how people perceive us, but it affects how we feel”
Some of the more feminine tactics, like relational marketing and storytelling have been around since the beginning of time. If we align with our true selves and learn how to build relationships and integrity, we will have sustainability and longevity in our businesses. We have to remember who we are and align ourselves with our true identity if we ever want to see real success. The tactics will follow if we align ourselves first.
Some Topics we talk about in this episode:
- Introduction - 0:58
- The Incongruence of What We Say We Want and What We Put Our Money Behind - 6:05
- Is the Feminine Way a Longer Game? - 11:35
- Relational Marketing and Storytelling - 17:02
- Understanding Misalignment, Mindset, and Structures - 22:05
- Getting Clear on What You’re Doing - 29:25
- The Importance of Aligning with Yourself - 31:22
- Wrap-up and Takeaways - 35:38
How to get involved
- Join the Women in the Business Arena Group on Facebook and continue the discussion starting next week! https://www.facebook.com/groups/womeninthebusinessarena
- Reach out to us - we’d love to hear more about where you’re at in life and business! Find out more at www.womeninthebusinessarena.com
If you liked this episode, be sure to subscribe and leave a quick review on iTunes. It would mean the world to hear your feedback and we’d love for you to help us spread the word!