Women in the Business Arena™ EP183: How to Start Streamlining Your Business (and Why You Need to!)
“That's what we have to do: go deep in one focus. But we're so scared of focusing. We're so scared of streamlining. And it's something we have to navigate, because true wealth and true success, it only comes with focus. If you see people who you consider multi-passionate, or they've got multiple businesses that have got them to a million dollars, I promise you it was a stressful process. I've seen it time and time again: the only people who really have found that wealth and freedom and success, it's been through focus.”
- Sonya Stattmann
Let’s focus on a concrete business topic this week - one that I’m sure my multi-passionate followers are going to appreciate. ;D
Focus is so important for designing and running our businesses. We all have a long task list to manage most of the time, and having a business that is complicated, broad, or disorganized won’t help.
What our businesses need is streamlining and FOCUS. That means I want you to have ONE business, ONE target market, and ONE service.
Multi-passionate people, I can hear you saying, “What?!” But I promise this advice is good for you, too - and you don’t have to give up on all your other interests and passions.
“Anyone who feels like it is a challenge to streamline and focus, I challenge you to look at what really keeps you in multiple businesses, services, or target markets. Because the truth usually is that there's a way we're keeping ourselves limited. Maybe it's that we feel we're not worthy to be incredibly successful in one direction. Maybe we're afraid of failure. Almost everybody I've ever worked with who struggles to focus, there's something in the psychology that boils down to unworthiness.”
- Sonya Stattmann
In this episode Laura (a multi-passionate entrepreneur herself!) and I are breaking down exactly why you need to streamline your business and where to start.
We talk about going all in, how focus can actually increase your creativity, and how you can tune into your body to figure out which passion you should follow now.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why we absolutely need to streamline our businesses, offerings and target markets if we want to succeed.
- What Laura has learned about focus after closing one of her businesses and finally going all in on another one.
- How creating one container for your energy and creativity can actually help you build a more fascinating, dynamic business.
- What your body can teach you about prioritizing one passion at a time.
- Why I want you to narrow your business down to the ONE service you could see yourself offering for the next five years.
Resources for this Episode:
- Not sure where to take your business next? Looking for more money, fulfillment, or freedom? Take my free, 2-minute Growth Quiz to find out where you are now & what strategies to implement to take your business where you want to go.
- EP175: Being the True CEO of Your Business
Come join us in the Women in the Business Arena Group on Facebook – we’d love to hear about you & your business!