Women in the Business Arena™ EP180: Stop Tamping Down Your True Self
“I already know who I am. I'm already operating as I am. I'm already teaching what I'm here to teach. But you don't really find out what I'm about or what I believe unless you listen to the podcast for a while or unless you are in my program. And that has to come WAY before. Really, to attract the people that we want to attract, we need to be sharing that aspect of ourselves way before they've spent six months listening to our podcasts or they've been in our program paying us.”
- Sonya Stattmann
I want to be honest with you: I am sick of marketing. And I bet you are too.
I don’t necessarily mean the whole concept of marketing, but I am tired of seeing the same old tactics used over and over: Scarcity. FOMO. Passive aggressive sales copy that makes you feel like something is wrong with you, and (conveniently) someone is ready to sell you the solution.
I think we need to throw it all out the window and start over.
“What makes us tamp ourselves down, repress ourselves, suppress our voice? When we heal from that, we can make a choice to be bolder and more transparent.”
– Sonya Stattmann
This week, Laura and I are really digging into the idea of bold, direct, honest business communication. We talk about bringing integrity and authenticity back to the core of our conversations with clients new and old.
We talk about what it means to find your own unique voice, how to start uncovering the conditioning that keeps our voices small, and why stillness and contemplation are key to bringing the truth back into business.
You’ll be seeing a whole lot more bold communication coming from me – I hope you’re ready. ;D
What You’ll Learn:
- Why so much marketing in the world is wishy-washy, scarcity-driven, or just plain misaligned.
- Why you don’t need to be an extrovert or put out a ton of energy
- How to check in with yourself about whether you are communicating boldly and honestly or getting stuck in bland marketing-speak.
- How to find and develop your OWN unique voice and platform, without trying to be anybody else.
- Why shifting these old habits around communication and marketing requires time, stillness, contemplation and patience.
Resources for this Episode:
- Not sure where to take your business next? Looking for more money, fulfillment, or freedom? Take my free, 2-minute Growth Quiz to find out where you are now & what strategies to implement to take your business where you want to go.
- Root + River
Come join us in the Women in the Business Arena Group on Facebook – we’d love to hear about you & your business!