Women in the Business Arena™ EP179: (Part 2) Intrinsic Leadership: Made for Women Reluctant to Lead
“True leadership is prioritizing our capacity. It means cutting out all the excess responsibility and the over-owning and the over-delivering and the over-functioning. It’s letting all that go and prioritizing capacity in order to lead.”
- Sonya Stattmann
Last week, Laura and I explored some of the things that keep women from stepping into true leadership. We talked about the habit of over-owning, the conditioning of the patriarchy, and the ways we choose to perpetuate these patterns.
This week we want to explore the next step: becoming embodied, intrinsic leaders. How do we let go of over-delivering? How do we step back into ourselves? How do we create a totally new leadership model that encourages women to fully embrace themselves?
“Leadership is about being yourself. It is about being more and more yourself every single day. It's about grounding yourself into who you are and being embodied. When you see someone truly aligned with who they are, it's compelling. There is something magnetizing about someone who is truly themselves.”
- Sonya Stattmann
Shifting toward intrinsic leadership is a relief. You get to stop fighting against your strengths and trying to fix your weaknesses. Instead you get to come back into your own circle of power.
What would this kind of leadership feel and look like for you? I want you to think about that this week. <3
What You’ll Learn:
- What intrinsic leadership looks and feels like.
- Why we need to prioritize our own time, energy and capacity if we want to lead in a way that feels good.
- Why congruency with ourselves is so critical to intrinsic leadership.
- What keeps women from embodying their strengths and stepping into leadership roles.
- How we can remind ourselves of this necessary perspective shift as we continue to navigate a world of old leadership models.
Resources for this Episode:
- Not sure where to take your business next? Looking for more money, fulfillment, or freedom? Take my free, 2-minute Growth Quiz to find out where you are now & what strategies to implement to take your business where you want to go.
- Of Woman Born: Motherhood as Experience and Institution by Adrienne Rich
Come join us in the Women in the Business Arena Group on Facebook – we’d love to hear about you & your business!