Women in the Business Arena™ EP178: (Part 1) Intrinsic Leadership: Made for Women Reluctant to Lead
“And when you close that gap between the value that you have in yourself, or the lack of value that you have in yourself, and your worthiness and your strengths and who you are, when you really close that gap and you become more congruent, it's like you're not afraid to step into a different kind of leadership. You're not afraid to be who you are in public view or in politics or in a corporate environment or in your business. But that gap is usually what stops us from leading in a way that's more intuitive and aligned with who we are.”
- Sonya Stattmann
I am lucky to connect with so many incredible women leaders in my work. It is one of my favorite parts of what I do, and yet I see so many more women who would be incredible leaders but are reluctant to step up.
I don’t blame them. Traditional models of leadership are not built for women. Women think that they will have to over-deliver and over-own more than they already are. They think leadership will be a drain on their already limited time and energy.
“Imagine the world if every woman was in her power. If every woman was all of her glorious self. Not her hidden self, not trying not to be herself, but in her glorious and amazing self. What kind of world would we live in? It would be so different. It'd be so amazing. It'd be so loving. It'd be so much more empathetic, and we'd still get stuff done.”
- Sonya Stattmann
I think it is time for a completely new way to look at leadership. We need leaders that are driven from within, who are standing in their power and grounded in themselves. We need to reject broken masculine models, heal our wounds and step into intrinsic leadership.
We are tackling this juicy topic in a two-part series and in part one we’re exposing all the things that keep women in reluctant leadership. If you are looking for a new way to lead, this episode is for you (and be sure to come back next week for our in-depth exploration of intrinsic leadership).
What You’ll Learn:
- Why traditional models of leadership don’t work for so many women.
- What I mean by “reluctant leadership”.
- Why true leadership requires you to step back from over-owning and taking too much responsibility.
- Why we can’t lead in a vacuum.
- How becoming more congruent in ourselves will help us step into a version of leadership that feels so much better.
- Why we need to choose to stop perpetuating patriarchy and step back into ourselves.
Resources for this Episode:
- Not sure where to take your business next? Looking for more money, fulfillment, or freedom? Take my free, 2-minute Growth Quiz to find out where you are now & what strategies to implement to take your business where you want to go.
- No Men Beyond This Point
Come join us in the Women in the Business Arena Group on Facebook – we’d love to hear about you & your business!