Women in the Business Arena™ EP159: Use a Feminine Lens to Unlock Your Full Potential
“We’re trying to do our self development, or have acceptance, or have self-compassion, from the masculine. We're trying to do it, like, ‘I'm gonna have self compassion today!’ Where the truth of it is, self-compassion, as an example, is actually more of a letting go. It's more of an allowing; it's really not a lot of effort. But we force it through that masculine lens. And so then we're trying really hard - and oftentimes when you're trying to employ feminine tools, if you're trying hard, you're not using the feminine. And therefore nothing that you're doing is working.” - Sonya Stattmann
What does it mean to operate from the feminine? What does it mean to you, specifically?
I know I’ve talked about this on the podcast before, but this week Laura and I wanted to dive a bit more into how a feminine approach to our self-development and our consciousness can really make things shift. We really hit it off when we met in part because both of us wanted to bring more of a feminine lens to the world of business. Since then, we’ve both been working hard to elevate women’s voices and return the feminine lens to its rightful place in the world.
“In the masculine mode of operation, which we've been doing pretty much for centuries, we look outside to the world, or the rules, or the box, whatever anyone else tells us, and then we create ourselves to fit that. And this is what most women are stuck in. You know, every single person I work with - the whole world, really - we're all stuck in this idea of who we should be based on something outside of ourselves. And we haven't really taken the time and the understanding to look at who we are and how we want to operate, regardless of whoever is outside of us.” - Sonya Stattmann
A feminine lens is rooted in authenticity, connection, and the belief that your inner wisdom should shape the way you show up in the world. In this episode, Laura and I are digging deeper into the idea of the feminine versus masculine lens and how the two can complement each other.
We also discuss the ways feminine approaches are ignored or downgraded, how using a feminine lens can help you save energy, and why bringing more feminine energy into your work and life will allow you to live in more alignment with your essential self.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why we think we are currently in an age of feminine rebirth.
- How using a feminine lens can help us shift our approach to self-development and business growth.
- Why the feminine is more closely aligned with our essential selves.
- How masculine lenses and feminine lenses can be used in concert to make big shifts in ourselves, our work, and the world from the inside out.
- Why a feminine approach requires us to allow more and try less.
Resources for this Episode:
- Not sure where to take your business next? Looking for more money, fulfillment, or freedom? Take my free, 2-minute Growth Quiz to find out where you are now & what strategies to implement to take your business where you want to go.
- Overwhelmed: Work, Love and Play When No One Has the Time by Brigid Schulte
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- Grandmothers Counsel the World: Women Elders Offer Their Vision for Our Planet by Carol Schaefer
- Women in the Business Arena Program
Come join us in the Women in the Business Arena Group on Facebook – we’d love to hear about you & your business!