Women in the Business Arena™ EP151: Discovering Your Voice and Your Power with Sunshine Kamaloni
“When who we are on the inside is who we're also being on the outside, that's congruity. So our voice is the same. It's when what we think and feel on the inside is expressed on the outside, that's where our voice is congruent. But what a lot of people do is they think and feel things one way but they write or podcast or do speaking from a totally different place, and it makes them incongruent.” - Sonya Stattmann
When you speak, do you speak from an aligned place? Do you feel rooted in your experiences, truth, and unique perspective? I think that it is so important for every woman to develop their own voice, whether you are operating in the world of business or just in life.
Uncovering your authentic voice isn’t something that can be planned out or approached strategically. You have to integrate life’s experiences and develop your own perspective over time. That is how you develop a voice that can help change the world.
“We're not indoctrinated and then we spout something out. That's not a real voice. A real voice is something that's been developed through our own work, through our own awareness and our own integration, our own understanding of things. And then we're able to speak it or to write it or to put it out there in a way that changes lives or that supports others.” - Sonya Stattmann
In this week’s episode, I’m joined by a special guest: Sunshine Kamaloni! Sunshine and I have worked together as she’s not only developed her voice but started her business. Sunshine is an advocate for a more feminine approach to social justice and equity. Her work aims to disrupt, question and shift long-held narratives about justice in order to encourage new and more embodied ways of being in the world.
Sunshine is the perfect person to talk about how you can raise your voice for the things you’re passionate about, but do so in a way that is authentic to you and rooted in your feminine power.
We also discuss having congruity between how you think, feel, and show up and how this alignment shines through when you speak. And we chat about letting life unfold and letting our experiences shape our voices and perspectives.
What You’ll Learn:
- What Sunshine learned about finding her voice as she moved from Zambia to Australia.
- How women can develop their voices using a more feminine approach.
- How Sunshine has learned to use her voice to pursue her calling and advocate for justice.
- Why it is so important and powerful to have congruity in our voice.
- What we’ve learned about letting life and business unfold naturally and how it's helped us find our authentic voices.
Resources for this Episode:
- Not sure where to take your business next? Looking for more money, fulfillment, or freedom? Take my free, 2-minute Business Assessment to find out where you are now & what strategies to implement to take your business where you want to go.
- Sunshine Kamaloni | LinkedIn | Facebook
- Brené Brown
Come join us in the Women in the Business Arena Group on Facebook – we’d love to hear about you & your business!