Women in the Business Arena™ EP148: Why You Need Skills (Not Tactics) to Find Clients Everywhere
“Interestingly enough, I get more than half my clients online. And it's not from a funnel. It's not from Facebook ads. It's not from my content. I get most of my clients by having conversations in Facebook groups, from people who ping me on Instagram. You literally can start up a conversation. It's the exact same thing as when you're standing in a line or when you're meeting people and networking. There's all these opportunities to connect with your clients.” - Sonya Stattmann
Have you ever said to yourself, “I don’t know where my clients are!” or “I don’t know anyone!” or “It’s impossible to find clients!” We’ve all been there. It can feel so hard to find clients without seeming salesy or disingenuous. But you do want to find them, because you want to serve them. So how do you do it?
I have found that this is one of the most common challenges entrepreneurs face. They don’t know what their specific target market is, so they don’t know exactly who they are talking to. And they don't know how to communicate about their services clearly and authentically. There are several keys to finding clients, and addressing your business foundation is one of them!
“It's easy to find your clients. What most people don't have in place is their foundation. They don't have a specific enough target market, and they have not learned the art of an introduction.” - Sonya Stattmann
The bottom line is that finding clients is a skill. If you get your business foundation nice and solid, and you practice connecting with people everywhere you go, you will start to find clients all over the place. This is great news, because it means that finding clients doesn’t just come down to luck. You can get better at it!
Laura and I are talking all about finding clients today and how we connect with people both in person and online. We talk about the importance of knowing how to introduce your business, why you shouldn’t worry too much about sounding salesy, and why you need to be super specific about what you do and who you help.
If you’re trying to find more clients, we made this episode just for you. Give these things a try - we would love to hear how it goes! <3
What You’ll Learn:
- Why it’s a skill to find clients, not just a set of tactics.
- How we make it harder than it needs to be to find clients.
- Why you should work on a genuine, clear introduction for yourself and what you do.
- The advantage of having a really specific niche and offering.
- How to avoid sounding salesy or rehearsed when you’re meeting new people and talking about what you do.
Resources for this Episode:
- Not sure where to take your business next? Looking for more money, fulfillment, or freedom? Take my free, 2-minute Business Assessment to find out where you are now & what strategies to implement to take your business where you want to go.
- Soma Vida
Come join us in the Women in the Business Arena Group on Facebook – we’d love to hear about you & your business!