Women in the Business Arena™ EP146: Connecting with Clients & Building Community Using the Art of Conversation
“You're not going into these conversations with the things like "I'm going to get this sale," right? That is yucky! You're going into the conversation genuinely interested in who they are and what they want to do. If it happens to be a good fit, if there's an alignment, if there's a spark, if there's a connection, then you'll know when to take it further.” - Sonya Stattmann
When’s the last time you struck up a conversation with a stranger? Not a conversation about what you do or how your services would be great for them. I just mean a normal conversation where you’re chatting with someone new simply for the joy of connecting with them.
I think this art of conversation has been lost a bit in recent years. But being able to strike up a discussion wherever we are is a crucial skill not only for meeting new clients, but for enjoying life in general.
“Learn relationship skills. Learn how to spark a conversation every place you go. If you learn to do that, you will always have enough clients.” - Sonya Stattmann
In this week’s episode, Laura and I are diving into the lost art of conversation and why it’s such a great way to connect with people in business. We’re talking about why all marketing is ultimately relationship building, why we can’t always hide behind digital relationships, and how to go into a conversation with the intention to connect.
We also chat about how to show up in the world and be open to new relationships, whether those are with friends, partners, potential clients, or even business partners. And we talk about how introverts can get into this mindset and make the most of it, too.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to cultivate more relationships in business.
- Why social media and marketing funnels aren’t bringing us closer to our clients.
- How showing up in the real world can also help you connect with potential clients, partners, and friends.
- How to make real connections with potential online and in person even if you’re an introvert.
- Why we need to focus more on relationship building than just sending people more information or creating more content.
Resources for this Episode:
- Not sure where to take your business next? Looking for more money, fulfillment, or freedom? Take my free, 2-minute Business Assessment to find out where you are now & what strategies to implement to take your business where you want to go.
Come join us in the Women in the Business Arena Group on Facebook – we’d love to hear about you & your business!