Women in the Business Arena™ EP140: Gratitude for 2019 & The Year’s Top Episodes
“If the market isn't talking to you, if it isn't telling you what it needs and wants, then there's no service to provide or product to provide, right? There's no business opportunity. And I think that's one of the things that we've forgotten in this process, is that a lot of people have moved into a business because they have an idea or because they want to do something. But we've forgotten that the nature of business is an equal exchange, and it's about supply and demand. So if there isn't enough of a demand, it doesn't matter what kind of supply you have.” - Sonya Stattmann
The Women in the Business Arena community really is an amazing one. You’ve helped us create a supportive, engaged and powerful group of women (and men!) in the arena who are working to make a difference in the lives of clients, loved ones, and people around the world.
Laura and I wanted to take this episode to say thank you and to share our gratitude for all of you. We also wanted to put a spotlight on your four favorite episodes from this year, based on their number of downloads, and talk a little bit about why we think these topics resonated.
“As entrepreneurs, we really are risk takers. It takes a lot for us to put ourselves out there in that place of vulnerability. So it should be no surprise that when we are vulnerable, we're going to talk about fear, and we're going to talk about overwhelm, because those intense emotions that come with putting ourselves in a vulnerable place can feel overwhelming.” - Laura Shook-Guzman
In this episode Laura and I chat about your favorite episodes of 2019, why target markets are tricky to understand, and why business success takes more than a laptop and an idea. We also discuss the role of powerful emotions in our businesses and why they can be a great way to connect with our fellow entrepreneurs.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why we’re so thankful for the Women in the Business Arena community that you have helped us build.
- What you have to do to validate your target market and ideal client (and why this is tricky for many of us).
- Why early adopters with fresh ideas may have to hang in there until the market catches up with them.
- What you need to remember about building a successful and sustainable business.
- Why it can be so powerful for us as entrepreneurs to connect with each other about emotions like fear and overwhelm in the world of business.
Resources for this Episode:
- Not sure where to take your business next? Looking for more money, fulfillment, or freedom? Take my free, 2-minute Business Assessment to find out where you are now & what strategies to implement to take your business where you want to go.
- EP92: Do You Actually Know Your Target Market?
- EP93: Navigating Overwhelm in Our Business & Life
- EP105: Overcoming Fear that Stops You in Your Business
- EP107: Business Success Requires More than Just a Laptop & an Idea
Come join us in the Women in the Business Arena Group on Facebook – we’d love to hear about you & your business!