Women in the Business Arena™ EP135: Planning for the Holidays & A Flying Start to the New Year
“People start slowing down in November, they don’t focus on sales anymore, they don’t focus on their plan. And their idea is, well on February 1st when the kids go back to school, then I’m going to build up that momentum again. But what happens is, by the time February rolls around you’re just trying to wrap your head around your business again, you’re trying to figure out what you might do, and by the time sales roll around, you’re in March or April. Now that is a long time for a sales slump in a business, especially if we’re the breadwinners, or if we’re really working to have that sustainable, beautiful, financially secure business.” - Sonya Stattmann
We’re sliding into another holiday season, and with it comes celebration, tons of events, heaps of food, long shopping lists… in short, a lot of things to think about outside of your business.
Every year around this time, I have clients say: “I think I’m going to wind things down in November. Nobody really wants to buy anything from me in the holiday season, anyway. I might as well rest until the holidays are over and the kids go back to school.”
This is the total opposite of the attitude I want all of you service business owners out there to have. I want you to relax over the holidays, take care of yourself, and enjoy some time off - but before you do that, I want you to make a plan!
“You can be strategic, and yet you can make small, intentional actions that will lay the groundwork for a productive new year in which you’re coming in much better positioned than if you were to just duck your head under the covers without a lot of thought to what’s coming next.” - Laura Shook-Guzman
In this week’s episode, Laura and I are talking about why the holiday season is the perfect time to reflect on the year past and lay the groundwork for the year ahead. We chat about why you shouldn’t tap out of your business in November and expect things to pick right back up in February, and share some of our favorite tips for maintaining minimum momentum in your business.
Laura and I also talk about why now is a great time to reach out to any leads from the past year who might want to seize the chance to work with you before 2019 ends. You can make special offers, do a recap of the year’s work, or simply reach out and re-establish a connection. No matter what, it’s not time to stop selling just yet - locking in some clients for the new year will help you feel empowered and excited to come back to work in January.
Want to dive a bit deeper on this topic? Join us on for the Live Q&A Event Surviving the Holidays in Your Business & Having a Kick-Ass New Year. It’s November 21, 2019, Thursday, 5:00PM CST (US) / November 22, 2019, Friday, 10:00AM AEST in the Women in Business Arena Facebook Group - come chat with us about what you’re going to do to make the most of the holidays and have a flying start to 2020!
What You’ll Learn:
- Why you shouldn’t bring your business to a complete standstill in November (or anytime, really!).
- How you can make your downtime strategic, powerful, and restorative.
- The top three priorities we should have in a service business, and how these relate to taking time off.
- Ideas for reaching out to leads from the past year and closing a few more sales before 2019 ends.
- How planning before the holidays are in full swing will help you enjoy them more and go into 2020 with guaranteed income and healthy momentum.
Resources for this Episode:
- Not sure where to take your business next? Looking for more money, fulfillment, or freedom? Take my free, 2-minute Business Assessment to find out where you are now & what strategies to implement to take your business where you want to go.
- Join us on for the Live Q&A Event Surviving the Holidays in Your Business & Having a Kick-Ass New Year. It’s November 21, 2019, Thursday, 5:00PM CST (US) / November 22, 2019, Friday, 10:00AM AEST in the Women in Business Arena Facebook Group.
Come join us in the Women in the Business Arena Group on Facebook – we’d love to hear about you & your business!